Tuesday 14 February 2012

Beer and Cheese Dip in a Bread Bowl


This one would be great for a party, or you could just eat it for dinner like I did. A pretty simple recipe, from the Joy of Cooking, with some excellent results. It basically consists of melting some cheese and then pouring it into a hallowed out loaf of bread. The inside of the loaf is used for dipping; veggies are also great for dipping! I was a little concerned about the bread bowl's structural integrity but it held up fine. It should be interesting to see what it is like as leftovers, I'm excited! One note of caution for people inexperienced with blue cheese, like myself, its pretty potent stuff so add it carefully.

If you read the first blog in the series the moment I'm sure you have been waiting for will soon be here. The grocery store finally had beef tongue. Its in the freezer for the time being as I will be going home for reading week next week but when I get back, it will be time to try one of the more interesting commonly available meats.

I couldn't find this recipe online, so if you want it go buy the Joy of Cooking, even if you don't want this recipe you should buy the Joy of Cooking. Best cookbook for the buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment