Tuesday 28 February 2012

Coconut Shrimp with Peanut Sauce


I was really impressed with this recipe and I don't even really like coconut that much. The recipe, from Good Eats: The Early Years, incorporates some Asian flavours with some from the tropics. The Asian flavours are courtesy a very nice peanut sauce that complements the sweetness of the shrimp nicely. As you may have guessed it is based on peanut butter, with some soy sauce, cilantro, fish sauce and a few other ingredients. This was my first experience with fish sauce and boy does it stink, but it adds body that I think would be missed if it was not there. The tropical flavours come from the coconut crust on the shrimp. Pan fried to perfection, gives the shrimp a nice crunch.

I have to thank my mom for helping me out with this recipe.

Here is the link: Coconut Shrimp with Peanut Sauce













Since I was home for reading week and didn't want to study I thought I would fry/bake up a couple of things. These aren't from the random recipe list so I won't spend much time on them, but I have to say homemade doughnuts are awesome!
Cake and raised doughnuts, tortilla chips and oat fudge bars

Procrastination never looked and tasted so good!


Don't forget next week (insert epic music here:Epic Music(ignore the video)) ...  beef tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment